KOREA: Provence Rosé Seminar and Best Sommelier in Wine and Spirits of France
Organized by the Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins de Provence (CIVP) and led by Sopexa Korea, the seminar was successfully held at the JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul on the morning of November 10.
This seminar was a side event of the 20th National Competition of the Best Sommelier in Wine and Spirits of France, where a special prize for “Vins de Provence” .
Sommelier Yun-ju Yang (also owner of Half Past Ten bar and winner of the 15th edition of the Sommelier Competition), was able to present the history, grape varieties, terroir and characteristics of Provence rosé wines at the seminar.
In total, six rosé wines were specifically chosen by the Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins de Provence for the tasting of this day:
- Rose Bon Bon, Domaine des Diables
- Frissons des Anges, Domaine de la Garnaude
- Miraval, Château Miraval
- Rose d’une nuit, Château La Coste
- Estandon Reflet, Estandon cooperative en Provence
- Clos Real Rose, SCEA Tour des Vidaux.
“I hope the seminar will increase interest in Provence rosé wines in the national wine industry, so that more people can enjoy Provence rosé wines every day.” declared a CIVP official.
The 20th National Competition of the Best Sommelier in Wine and Spirits of France
CIVP warmly congratulates the winners of the National Competition and salutes their impressive performance:
- 1st winner : Hyungwook KIM (Sommelier of Sofitel Ambassador Seoul)
- 2nd winner: Wook-Tae HAN (former Sommelier of Kwon Sook-soo restaurant)
- 3rd winner and winner of the the special prize “Vins de Provence”: Hyungtaek LEE (Sommelier of Novotel Ambassador Gangnam)
- 4th winner: Jaemin JOO (Sommelier of Jungsik restaurant**)